St Mary's

Supporting Children With SEND at St. Mary's.

What is SEND?

Children have additional educational needs if they have a learning difficulty that calls for additional educational provision to be made for them. ‘Children have a learning difficulty if they:

  • Have a significantly greater difficulty in learning than the majority of children of the same age. 
  • Have a disability that prevents or hinders them from making use of educational facilities of a kind generally provided for children of the same age in schools within the area of the local authority.
  • Are under compulsory school age and fall within the definitions above or would so do if special educational provision was not made for them.’ (Code of Practice September 2014)



What happens if the school feel that my child has additional needs?

First of all any concerns and/or issues that have become apparent to school staff will be discussed with the parent/guardian. Together we will formulate a plan of action, with timescales for review. 

Don't worry

So what do St. Mary's do to help my child?

Our offer provides information on the provision that we offer at our school. It links with Calderdale's Local Offer. Calderdale's Local offer booklet provides information about what different services are available in the area.  Our offer can be found below.