Quality of Education
The curriculum at St. Mary’s is underpinned by our school moto; ‘Freedom to Fly’, which captures the essence of what we strive to achieve for each pupil who attends St. Mary's.
As a school, St. Mary’s is unique. It is a warm, safe place full of learning and laughter. Guided by our Christian values, we work hard to be the best pupils, teachers, leaders and friends we can be.
Pupils here are resilient, enthusiastic and inquisitive learners with strong work ethics. Our teachers strive to sculpt each pupil’s development of knowledge and skills as well as their moral, social and spiritual selves. Ensuring we create confident individuals with a strong sense of humanity.
Central to St. Mary’s are the following statements which everyone involved with the school aim to achieve:
Leaders, governors, teachers and pupils ensure that we:
- Are lifelong, passionate learners, confident to question in our own way
- Create strong partnerships between home, school and our community to bring out the best in each other
- Develop caring, confident individuals who respect the rights and feelings of others
- Persevere, recognising our strengths and embracing our challenges
- Inspire each other to sustain a culture of creativity and high expectations through inspirational teaching and learning
- Equip everyone to prepare for change and rise to challenge