The Government provided funding to all schools to improve the provision of Physical Education and Sport in Primary Schools for the first time in 2013/14.
This funding can only be spent on improving provision of PE and Sport, for example by hiring specialise PE teachers or qualified Sports Coaches, to support and involve children in after school clubs and activities, providing resources and training in PE and Sports for teachers, to run competitions and increase children’s participation in PE and Sports including with children from other schools.
Our focus at St Marys C of E (VC) Primary School for the year 2013/2014 has been to:
- Undertake an audit of current provision and identify needs.
- Hire Specialist Sports Coaches to work alongside teachers in one of each class’ two PE/Games lessons each week.
- To provide CPD (professional Development) for our staff team.
- Sports Specialists hired to provide a workshop for children, specialist working alongside school staff.
- Fun Fit training and provision for identified children.
- Sports Club opportunity for KS2 after school led by Specialist Sports Coach.
- Provide transport to and from sports events.